Thursday, October 14, 2010

Iceboating in the "Iceboat Capital of the World"

This is a direct film transfer of the footage from ABC's Wide World of Sports for the late 60's or early 70's.  Some great old footage here. There is footage of my dad rigging Cryostat and also rounding one of the weather marks.  There is also the footage of Buddy Melges "passing" Ron Schloemer.  I say "passing" because as I remember the story being told to me Buddy is actually lapping Ron.  If you recognize anyone in these videos please post something in the comments either here or on the YouTube page and I will see if I can add it to the annotations on the clip.  Include the time in the video when you comment.  Also a special thank you to Steve and Mary Jane who go this footage to my dad when we were over at the Skeeter Haven.




No comments:

Post a Comment